< Bay Area Immigration Attorney in Hayward, San Jose, Fremont, Union City, Espanol, Abogado, Tagalog, California


24301 Southland Drive, Suite 214
Hayward, CA

Walnut Creek:

1255 Treat Blvd. Suite 300 Walnut Creek, CA


6200 Stoneridge Mall Rd, Suite 300
Pleasanton, CA

San Jose

2033 Gateway Place, Suite 500 San Jose, CA

Redwood City

303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 600 Redwood City, CA




B-1 Visas: Temporary Business Visitor Visas

B-1 visas permit visitors from foreign countries to temporarily come into the United States for legitimate business, commercial, and work-related purposes.

H-1B Visas: Professionals in Specialty Occupations

H-1B visas allow professionals to come to the United States to work in a field that requires a specialization or a special skill. In order to be granted an H-1B visa, the applicant must have at least the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree, and the job that they are applying for must require at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. The applicant must also have a sponsoring U.S. employer that is willing to hire the applicant temporarily, pay him/her the required wage, and file a petition with immigration.

H-2B Visas: Seasonal Non-Agricultural Workers

H-2B visas permit business owners to hire foreign workers to perform seasonal, peak-load, intermittent, or one-time only work that is non-agricultural. Business owners and employers must prove that there are no U.S. workers available or willing to do the job. Similar to the H-1B visa, applicants need a U.S. employer to sponsor them and be willing to pay them the required wage.

L Visas: Intra Company Transfers

Under an L visa, foreign-based executives, managers, and employees with a specialized skill can be transferred to a division, affiliate, subsidiary, or parent branch of an international company in the United States. The L visa is very popular as it provides a work permit to the spouse of the transferred foreign worker and can ultimately lead to a green card in the U.S.

P Visas: Professional Artists, Athletes, and Entertainers

P-1 visas are issued to artists, athletes, and entertainers who wish to temporarily perform or compete — either solo or on a team — in the United States at a specific event. P-2 visas are issued to athletes and entertainers who are participating in a reciprocal exchange program. P-3 visas are issued to artists and entertainers who wish to perform, share, coach, or teach their talents in a cultural program.

R Visas: Religious Workers

R visas are issued to foreign religious workers who wish to temporarily enter the United States. A religious worker is considered a person who is continually engaged in an activity that is related to a traditional religious function, such as nuns, monks, cantors, liturgical workers, brothers, religious translators, missionaries, catechists, etc.

TN Visas: Mexican and Canadian Workers

TN visas are available to skilled workers from Canada and Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). TN visas permit Canadian and Mexican citizens to temporarily enter the U.S. to work in a NAFTA approved occupation. TN visas are often used by Canadian or Mexican nationals to avoid the H1-B cap or other difficulties with the H1-B category.


If you would like more information regarding any type of USA work visas or work permits, do not hesitate to contact our immigration attorneys at Taylor Solano & Associates for an initial consultation at 1-888-842-9422

Se Habla Espanol/ Nagsasalita Kami Ng Tagalog